Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back to Basics

I am setting my ambition aside for awhile and going back to my roots as a stay at home mama. The work/daycare experiment did not work for us. At first I resented Ham's utter rejection of daycare, but I think this will be a good thing for both of us. Ham will now be at home with me everyday but Monday afternoon and Friday all day (on those days he will be with his grandmas).

I must admit that I am hesitant to be at home nearly full time again. My depression and anxiety issues were to blame for my failure as a SAHM, but they are under control now and I feel like myself again. Ham is talking more (Hooray for speech therapy!), he is responding well to occupational therapy, he is calmer, he is getting along much better with other children, and is generally a more pleasant toddler to be around. I am actually excited to get back on the play date circuit.

Last summer was the best summer of my life, and I sincerely hope that this summer follows suit. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth! Just saw you posted a link to your blog on fb so I'm reading a couple of posts. I don't know how long you tried the day care, but let me say, good for you for getting out now. I had this idea when I was a new mom of working in the daycare so my son could be with me and it would be great, right? Money, friends for my son, a place for him to play, all without losing any time with him! Well, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, and it was! I worked there for about 4 years on and off when my oldest 2 were young and it was the one thing I truly regret. Lots of bad and unwanted advice about being a mom, just not a good thing for any of us except for the small paycheck which we needed back then. Anyway, good for you. Being a stay at home mom gets easier when you realise that you are worth more at home.

    ReplyDelete