Our menu for this week:
- Cream of Wheat
- Cocoa Wheats
- Oatmeal with fruit
- Bagels with fat-free cream cheese and fruit
- Cold cereal and fruit
- Yogurt with fruit and granola
These breakfast choices will all be interchangeable depending on mood and time allotted for breakfast.
- Grilled chicken couscous salad with chickpeas
- Bean tacos and rice
- Leftovers from dinner
Again, lunches are not planned by day, just made for the whole week.
- Spaghetti Bolognese with a side of spinach
- Pork enchilada casserole with lettuce, corn, and sour cream
- BBQ chicken with broccoli and grilled mushroom kebabs
- Skillet chicken and rice with broccoli and cheese
- Oatmeal waffles with bacon and fruit
- Omelets or mini quiches with lots of veggies
Can you believe we have 90% of the ingredients in the house already? For some strange reason we have an excess of corn tortillas so we will be making another enchilada casserole for my husband's office Cinco de Mayo party!
While we are eating high off the pantry/freezer, Ham will be dining on our stash of homemade and store bought baby food as well as finger foods too. He has a love of wheat toast with applesauce spread on it. Yummy and healthy!
Throughout the week I will post recipes and money saving tips. Are you game for the pantry challenge? Follow along and post your recipes and creative meal ideas.