Thursday, April 28, 2011

When are you having another?

Apparently, since my child is nearing a year it is time for me to get myself knocked up again. I am assuming this is common practice as I get asked all the time when I will be birthing a sibling for my poor lonely eight month old. For starters, I think having children less than two years apart is insane. I realize many woman do this, but I see no logical or sane reason for this choice. Secondly, Ham will most likely remain an only for the foreseeable future. I am an only, and I see nothing wrong with onlies. Perhaps someday we will adopt, but my womb is closed for business! After a horrible pregnancy, traumatic delivery, PPD, PPA, and all the other difficulties I have elected to stop while I am ahead.

This does not mean that I think other people should have only one child, this isn't China, or that they should feel the same way I do. I think large families are awesome when it is the desire of both mom and dad to have lots of children. I follow lots of great large family blogs and fully support all parent's choices in that matter. http://www.smockityfrocks.com/ is one of my favorites! I am not anti-large family by any measure.

I think Ham would agree with me that one is enough for us. He seems completely happy with all the love we can offer, the extra toys aren't bad either.

2 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY!

    people started asking me this question when my daughter was six weeks old. I was still BLEEDING. My tear 'DOWN THERE' was still raw.

    and yes, people who have siblings less than two years apart are batshit crazy - or careless with birth control (ahem.)

    (incidentally, i got pregnant with my second when my daughter was around your son's age... just saying. my kids are 18 months and 25 days and four hours apart.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy, but in a good way. :) I know for sure I could not handle that. Though I do admire those who can.

    ReplyDelete